Friday, July 1, 2016

Wonderful Warwick

Another retreat has come and gone.....
Winter in Warwick is wonderful - well I love winter anyway! Our cabin and the orange tree this year is full! Big change from last year when there was only one orange! 
This year we had a gift swap and opening our presents was the first thing we did on entering the sewing workroom. My surprise partner was Maree and she certainly gave some beautiful gifts. I was extremely lucky. There was another bag full of chocolates, biscuits, hot chocolate and teas too. That didn't last too long....
We checked out the new accommodation in the house for future stays at Glenrose. It is beautiful!!! 
First finish for me was this bag with a Dresden influence. I've made it in the Black Tie Affair range which I'm using in my splendid sampler blocks (which were next on the agenda!). 
The vintage flower basket block was next....
And another four blocks followed. 
It got mighty cold the first two days and nights got down to 1 degree. Fireplaces got started, heaters and electric blankets were on and I got to wear my big wool coat. Loved it!!!! 


4 comments:

Susan said...

I'm looking forward to hearing about the house accommodation - looks as if it is as gorgeous as the cabins. I'd love to try winter up there..

Jo said...

Looks a lovely place to stay. Good catch up with your blocks.

shez said...

Hi Teresa ,such a lovely place to stay and I love your bag,that range of fabric is gorgeous,well done my friend xx

Karen S said...

Perfect time to stay inside and sew where it is warm.
Lovely work on your blocks and bag.