Sunday, July 10, 2016

Last week......

Last weeks Tuesday get together was a little different. When we discovered Helen hadn't seen "Finding Nemo" we thought we'd rectify it with a movie day.
Of course that meant movie food and a Dory cup! 
Some happy mail this week was this gorgeous necklace and charms ..."find joy in the journey". I had to get one for my mum who is traveling around Australia. 
Tried a new burger place called "Gourmet" with Jack. I will be back even if it is just for their sweet potato fries! 
I need time to catch up but I did manage another block for the Splendid Sampler. 
I have been working on Helen's Christmas tree skirt and all the appliqué and embroidery is finally finished.
Then it was a trip to the fabric shop for some backing and binding fabric, which squeaky approved of! 
The nights have been lovely and cool and it's perfect soup weather. Good excuse to use my new soup mug with a place for your dunking bread.  I love it! 
A trip out to the factory where my husband has been setting up this quilting machine. It's huge!!! 
Can't wait to see it in action. 
We also got to celebrate my girlfriend, Sandy's, special birthday this week. 
We have been friends for nearly 30 years and I'm so glad we were able to go and have a great night with them. It was held at Reload at Salisbury which is the old ammunition depo and has been beautifully restored and renovated. The food was amazing with tapas and paella and a gorgeous birthday cake. 
We had Mojo playing blues and Cam even got up and played guitar. It was a fabulous night.  
Love these guys so much! 
Hope you're having a great week too! 
Teresa xx

3 comments:

Susan said...

Lots of happy moments in your week. Squeaky is so cute, and obviously has good taste in fabric. I love that soup mug, what a great idea. Great to celebrate with old friends.

Susan said...

Setting up a quilting machine . . . .sounds intriguing...

I am said...

Hi Teresa wow what a fabulous post ,always so much happening,love how you enjoy life so much .I love the xmas shirt that you are making Helen,its gorgeous and what a lovely practical soup bowl,i love it. Wow thats some big quilting machine,hope your day is a good one my friend xx