Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Tuesday with the girls and a finish!!!!

Love my Tuesday's with the girls. 
Helen made this fabulous gluten free caramel mud cake for us today. It was sooooo good, we ate the whole thing!!! Coffee and cake for breakfast, morning tea and lunch!!!!!  Too naughty! 
Maybe the sugar sent us a little round the twist.... Just a quick photo to send to Narelle to show her we were behaving ourselves!!! Love these girls! 
I worked on my hexie quilt. This quilt was started years ago and all the hexies are sewn together by hand. Every fabric is from my stash over the years and it has a lot of sentimental value. Many pieces are from other projects I've made or been given to me over the years. I just love all the wonderful memories this quilt gives me every time I look at it. 
Can you believe on the whole quilt there's just one piece of fabric with the Eiffel Tower on it? Me either! 
The lovely Sarah from Patchwork Plus quilted it for me and she has done a beautiful job.
I wanted it big enough to fit my queen size bed and hang well and truly over all sides. It's big! 
I am thrilled to bits to say it's FINISHED!!!
Can't wait to put this on the bed .... finally!!!! 
Love this photo of Sandi helping to hold up the quilt for a photo. 
So good to have a finish, especially one that's taken years to get there! 
Have a great week
Teresa xx

13 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh your quilt is beautiful...... Love it....

Cattinka said...

simply beautiful, it will look great on your bed.
KATRIN W.

Susan said...

and a perfect time of the year to have it finished too - lovely finish.

Petal49 said...

Your quilt is truly beautiful and that cake!

Jo said...

That's a great treasure... I'm sure you are glad it's finished

Maria said...

You are all fun girls......
WOW that's a fabulous BIG quilt.....

Fiona said...

the best times are with good friends and I just love your hexie quilt... I love scrappy quilts too so it's just perfect ...
Hugz

Baa. xxx said...

It looks fantastic!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wow! It's fantastic Teresa....what a special treasure xx

Karen S said...

Your quilt is wonderful. What a great finish. Well done for sticking with it.

Linda said...

Lovely photos and beautiful quilt! :)

kiwikid said...

Well done on the finish, love your quilt!! Love your photos too, Sandi looks very cheeky!!I am wondering if she is safe in charge of a bottle!!! Lol!!

shez said...

Hi Teresa ,wow your quilt is stunning,well done my friend,and I always love seeing you girls get up to mischief xx