Thursday, June 2, 2016

Sewing, Sisters and Surprises

I have finally finished the stitchery section of my Gail Pan Christmas project. 
A bit more Splendid Sampler sewing. Loved this foundation pieced heart. 
And two more - "Simple Surprises" and "Dreaming of Dresdens".  
On Tuesday I got back into the Christmas tree skirt. Slow progress I know! 
Last week I spent the day with my sister for her birthday. 
It was so good to see her and give her a hug and laugh our heads off. 
I've just found this gorgeous teacup and saucer at Woolies. I couldn't resist it! It's so pretty - inside and out! 
How's this for a wonderful surprise? The gorgeous De got Anni Downs book for me at Nundle this year. As I didn't go, she didn't want me to miss out. 
She even got it signed for me. I just love it and can't believe how lucky I am. Thank you so much De-lightful. You have made my day xxxxx

5 comments:

Melody said...

A lovely post. So nice to catch up with what you have been doing.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lots of lovely happy things in your post. Happy birthday to your sister x

Susan said...

Lovely / pretty things happening.

Karen S said...

Great work on the stitchery and sampler blocks.
It looks like you both had a lovely time together.
And enjoy your Anni Downs book!!

kiwikid said...

Beautiful stitchery and blocks. How lovely to spend the day with your sister, looks like you had a great time!