Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Long weekend road trip

My husband and I decided at the last minute to go west on a road trip this past long weekend. 
We threw a few things together and decided to go see friends and family who live in a couple of very small country towns west of Brisbane. 
You know you're in cotton country when the edges of the road are covered in white "fluff". 
The roads are long. The time between towns is long and the road trains are very long. 
It was really lovely to see everyone and catch up though! 
We were really looked after!!!
This was the beautiful view we woke up to in the morning. I love my sister in law's house. 
And it's views. 
Lovely misty morning. 
On the way back we checked out some antique shops and I even got a chance to see Lisa at Precious Time in Toowoomba.
Great shop and lots of wonderful fabrics. 
Antique shops are always fun and Lancaster's in Toowoomba was definitely worth visiting. 
So many beautiful chenille bedspreads but all I was actually after was an old tea strainer.....
 Which I found along with a sweet little sugar spoon and ladle. 
I was in a hurry to get home and see my boy Jack who celebrated his 22nd birthday yesterday. Where has the time gone? Love this gorgeous kid so much. 
Teresa xx

4 comments:

Susan said...

Lovely to get away - and squeeze in a bit of retail therapy as well - love the posts holding the verandah up - very clever.
Happy Birthday Jack

Fiona said...

glad you enjoyed mooching around this city.... you've made me realise that I don't visit our antique shops enough...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Happy birthday to your Jack. Love a road trip to the country. What a lovely spot. Its hard not to want to bring home everything from Toowoomba.....sweet little treasures you bought.

Karen S said...

It looks like a perfect way to spend a long weekend!