Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The festival of Norreen

This week we are celebrating Noreen's birthday.  So starts the festival....of Nor! We had quite a trip ahead of us today, so poor Nor got to open her presents in the car on the drive to our birthday fun destination. 
We spent the day at a beautiful shop called Bella Paperie. It's a scrapbooking shop but it has everything .... And so much more. 
Everywhere you looked there were beautiful things. Gorgeous laces, ribbons, charms, buttons, flowers as well as the normal scrapbooking papers and trims. Inspiration was also everywhere you looked. Even gifts, bags, scarves, soaps, jewellery, clothing..... They had it all!!! 
As it was a fun day of scrapbooking where you took your own project, I took along a small cupboard with 9 drawers to work on. 
I didn't finish it today, but I did get all the drawers and outside covered and inked. I still have more embellishing to do, but I was very happy with what I got done today. 
We enjoyed a lovely lunch near by at the carvery too. 
Such a fun day playing with papers and flowers!!! I will definitely make the trip to this beautiful shop again. 
Hope you enjoyed your day today Norreen and the week has just started. 
Teresa xx
My beautiful purchases from Bella Paperie.....
Papers, flowers, hand dyed laces, and ponchos! 
Gorgeous scarf and charms...
And sweet little box of alphabet stamps. 

4 comments:

Maria said...

Looks like a great start to Norreens birthday festival..
Love your draws...

Fiona said...

Happy Birthday Noreen - what a lovely way to celebrate. I love your drawers - so clever and beautiful...
Hugz

Susan said...

What a great idea for a Birthday event...love your drawers...

Jo said...

Love the scrapbooking drawers.
I bought a set of the alphabet stamps too. Mine had upper and lower case.
I am enjoying going back looking at your posts. Lovely work...