Saturday, April 30, 2016

Sewing related post (for a change!)

I've simplified Vicki's block in the Splendid Sampler sew along. But I'm happy with it. I've changed some of the satin stitch to appliqué also.  
This was the bonus block for Earth Day. 
Some happy mail this week too. Love my "T" needle keeper from the Cotton Factory. 
Can't wait to make this pattern from Lynette Anderson. It's an embroidery floss organizer with cute little wooden floss keepers. 
Now I'd better get moving. I'm off to a high tea fund raiser today with some girls from work. Great excuse to "frock up". I love the lace stitching on the bottom of my dress. I've just realized nearly every photo in this post is black and cream. Ha ha. I know what I like! 
Have a great weekend!
Teresa xx 

Later......
Nice glass of moscato to start the high tea! 
Absolutely delicious as always. Love the high tea Jodie does at the cafe. 
So nice to enjoy this day with Mandy and Jo, who I've known and worked with for years. 

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

always great to get dressed up.........hope you raised some good funds.......

Susan said...

All very colour coordinated...a charity high tea....great excuse to indulge a bit....the blocks look lovely..

Maria said...

Great way to have a fund raiser.. Enjoy..
Lovely blocks...

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your locks are awesome💙💙💙💙hope you has on ... Hope ro see more of the frock 💖💖

Petal49 said...

Love your Splendid Sampler blocks. I just did red-work for my embroidery block but struggle with the satin stitch. Your needle keeper is exquisite.

Karen S said...

Lovely work on the blocks and it looks like you are in for a great day.