Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Purchases from Tassie

I have come home with a real assortment of treasures from our trip to Hobart. These gorgeous Christmas fabrics and old vintage decoration were from Hat Creek Quilts. 
While we were in Richmond, the jewellery shop gave us all a great discount and I love the Swarovski crystal earrings and bracelet. The birds just flew into my bag too. 
Salamanca square had many wonderful art galleries and handmade works of art. I found a wonderful little shop that sold pieces by a number of artists. The little photo and painting are of Richmond Bridge and a sweet blue wren. They came with little handmade wooden easels. The soldier is hand carved from local sassafras wood and is beautifully hand painted with amazing detail. He reminds me of Port Arthur and the penal colony there. 
There were gifts purchased too ....
Local Tasmanian fudge, cute Easter egg tins and a little handmade vase. 

2 comments:

Karen S said...

Lots of wonderful treasures from your time away. I do like the fabric selection and the Easter tins.

Chookyblue...... said...

you did some great shopping in Tassie...........