Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Sewing

Hope you are all enjoying the Easter break. I am definitely making the most of some time off work!!!!
I have another two blocks finished. "Checkerboard" and a bonus block "just for you". I am really loving this fabric range! 
I got this gorgeous vintage toy rabbit pattern for my birthday from Tori. 
He is almost done.  Just need to buy some wool to make his tail now and finish off his face. I have made a lot of stuffed toys over the years, but never one like this. The pattern is from the 1940's and they certainly made them differently back then. The instructions are wonderful. Somethings haven't changed though. Putting the legs and arms together, sewn through the body and held with buttons is exactly the same. I can't wait to make the pom pom tail though - I haven't made one of these since I was a kid! 
I have also finished this cute little hexie bag. The pattern is by my lovely friend Narelle and it was one of the projects from Lets Get Stitched this year.  
Inside there are 6 pockets as well. 
I am so happy with it. 
This little table runner was made for a swap I was in Easter, last year.  My partner never made her runner to give to me, so luckily I got mine back. This is the first chance I've had to use it. The little Lindt bunny was from Jack. It's hazelnut chocolate!!!! Oh yum!!! 
Then there was another block to make in the Splendid Sampler Sew Along. I loved this one! "Scrap Stars" was a lot of fun to make and I was very happy with my points! (Nice change!) The other block "Simple Simon" is an earlier block and good to catch up with. 
These are my 6.5" blocks so far. 
I enjoyed some spicy chicken pasta and sparkling white sangria for dinner. Then watched a couple of movies with Jack. The second being "Dorian Gray" which is one of my favorite novels. It's so nice not having to work! I am enjoying this Easter! 
Hope you are too! 
Teresa xx


8 comments:

Fiona said...

lots of lovely work
Hugz

Susan said...

you have certainly made the most of it...the wine looks interesting.

katrien said...

Lovely blocks.
Nice other things.
Happy Easter

Diana Machado said...

Im always in love with everything you do but the bunny! so cute :D

Michelle said...

Where to start, love the fabric in your sampler sew along! And that rabbit is too cute! I have fallen in love with the plate on your beautiful table runner, the gorgeous green one with the hot cross bun and egg, is it tin? Have a great day,
Michelle.

marina said...

so many beautiful goodies to see here.
Love your bunny and your blocks look amazing.
your hexie bag is so pretty too.
such a productive easter break

Karen S said...

It is great seeing all your blocks together and the bunny looks adorable. Yes, the old patterns were extremely well written. Wish a lot were still done like that.
Great finish on the gorgeous hexie bag, too.

Jo said...

Love the fabrics you are using for your splendid sampler... I am just using scraps. Might make it for a charity quilt.. Aussie Heroes...