Thursday, February 18, 2016

Warwick 3

More stitching......
I've worked on my Postcards from Paris quilt and this block was an absolute pain. I was always unhappy with this block and I wish I'd taken a "before" photo for comparison. I've changed the border, had to unpick all the appliqué and basically redo the whole block. When I came back from lunch I got the best surprise to find Susan had finished all the unpicking of the appliqué for me. How lovely is that? 
We had another trip into town for morning tea and some retail therapy. 
Canning Town fabrics is another lovely shop to visit. 
The lovely Susan who is getting fabric to finish this quilt.....
It's gorgeous. 
We have all made the first block in the Splendid Sampler quilt. Can you guess who has made each block ....and who made two? 
Helen's hidden star quilt. 
Noela and her table runner. 
And.......
Drumroll please.....
Well actually, my Paris quilt is still not finished as there is one more border to add. BUT it is finally together. What a mammoth task this has been! 
Teresa xx
PS Late night stitching, putting the binder on my hexie quilt. 
Jenny, me, Helen and De (thanks for the pic De!) 

3 comments:

Deb said...

OMG Teresa, your Postcards From Paris quilt is gorgeous. It is absolutely stunning. A lot of hard work gone into that. I also like your chosen fabrics for the Splendid Sampler quilt. They are lovely.
You always look like you have so much fun at Warwick

Chookyblue...... said...

oh I didn't know Susan was off on retreat........looking good........making progress girls.........

marina said...

Your Paris quilt looks fabulous and I love your hexie quilt
Lots more beautiful projects from the girls too.
Such pretty hearts.