Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Toowoomba Swap Meet

Last weekend the Toowoomba Swap Meet was on. We have been going to this for years. It is for car and motorcycle enthusiasts but over the years there have been many antique stalls creeping in. These days there are lots of antique, vintage and retro finds in and amongst the car parts!!!! There is even a huge hall just of antiques!!! Best part I think!!! 
This year we went in style!!! My husband has been working long and hard on his brothers RT Charger and it is in great driving condition. This was our ride for the day. Fancy!!!
We got a great park and bypassed the long queues into the Meet as well. Score! 
Like I said, for me, the antiques and vintage treasures are the best part. 
I found some great bargains. But the object I saw and fell in love with was a beautiful, huge, Johnson Brothers English bowl. 
I just loved it, but it was too much and I kept talking myself out of it. I even sent a photo of it to a friend in the dilemma of whether or not to get it. Anyway I walked away....
When I met up with my husband an hour later he had bought the bowl for me!!! I was doing the happy dance and thrilled to bits. I love it!!!! 
We also came home with this lovely chair. I don't know what my husband was thinking when I sent him this text ..."can we fit a chair in the charger?" But it did fit in the car (luckily). 
Had lots of fun, had a cool ride in the car, ran into friends, had a great lunch, got some terrific bargains and enjoyed ourselves immensely. 
Top Day!!!!
Teresa xx

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

That bowl is beautiful! Some lovely finds, sounds like a great day.

Janice said...

It sounds like a fabulous day out. Our Swap Meet at Bathurst is on the same day. We had some sellers that usually go to Toowoomba come to ours, as yours was fully booked out. I just love the Charger. What a great run for its maiden voyage. You did very well on your treasure hunting.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great day and gorgeous treasures you came home with. That beautiful bowl was meant to live with you. I love the pretty teacup too.

Karen S said...

Looks like you scored very well all round!

marina said...

what a great day out! great cars and access to all those preloved treasures.
love the ones that came home with you. Hub definitely picked a winner buying that bowl.