Monday, February 22, 2016

Gail Pan Workshop

This past weekend was Gail Pan's workshop organized by Maree of Wandoo Lane. It was fantastic!!! 
Our lovely kit for the first day. 
The tables were set up beautifully with bags of "sustenance" at the ready! 
Our appliqué kit for day one is for a mini quilt of cute baskets. Needleturn has never been something I've enjoyed doing and I've quite often changed to blanket stitch to get out of it. BUT I have to say after giving it a go using Gail's method, I actually enjoyed stitching my first basket.
It's a little wonky but I can live with it. I had fun and that's the most important thing. 
Once again the room looked amazing and it's a lovely place for a workshop. 
I did buy some of Gail's new range. So cute! 
It was really wonderful to finally meet Gail. She could not have been more helpful or lovely. So glad I got to spend the day with you!!! 
There is always yummy food and plenty of it.
Learning the technique with lots of helpful tips. 
Thanks for the photo Maree! So glad we took this pic of all of us as Lynda and I couldn't make it to the second day (damn you work!!!) 
I'm very glad I got the second days kit even though I couldn't be there. It is simply gorgeous. Gail's pattern is a cute Christmas stitchery/collage. Preprinted (bonus!) and with all the trimmings. Inside the cute little tin are the buttons, ribbons, cottage garden threads and sweet little chenille ric rac used in the kit. I absolutely adore the little bag it all came in though. Maree has really spoilt us with a cute little bag with Liberty hexies! Sigh!!!!! 
So even though I wasn't there on Sunday I kept in touch with the girls and saw the photos popping up. 
What a great workshop. Thank you so much to Gail for visiting us and giving us two gorgeous patterns, her knowledge and especially her friendship. A huge thank you to Maree for organizing all this for us to enjoy and for all the little extras that make these days so special. 
Top weekend!!!! 
Teresa xx 

5 comments:

Susan said...

Do love the stitchery pattern.

CAESAR SHOP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christine M said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time, Teresa. Isn't Gail just so lovely!

Gail said...

I had a wonderful time, it was great to meet you finally!!!so glad you enjoyed it!

Karen S said...

It does look like a great time and the projects are delightful.
I really do like Gail's newest fabric range, too.