Tuesday, January 12, 2016

My Tuesday and a Recipe

Finally I was able to catch up with the girls today for stitching. It feels like forever since I got my Tuesday stitching fix.
First we all opened our presents sent from the gorgeous Narelle. It was definitely worth the wait. How cute are the Christmas pudding and wreath? Beautifully made too. Thank you so much Rell! Love them! 
Helen was looking after us today with yummy scones, jam and cream. Yum!!! 
I worked on Helens failed Christmas present and today we have 10 sparkly lemon wedges! I managed to get gold sequins everywhere! 
Such a great day with the girls and a much needed day of laughing and chatting (and stitching!). 
Tonight I tried a new recipe for dinner that I found on Facebook. It's called chicken fajita pasta and it was delicious. Just love the colors! Very tasty and a one pot meal for clean up is always a bonus. I'm also linking up with Cath at Home for her What's for Dinner Wednesday post. You should definately go check out her blog for lots of yummy dinner ideas.
It was a hit with the family, so I'll be making this again! 
Hope you've had a great day!
Teresa xx


Chicken Fajita Pasta
 Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 packet (3 tablespoons) taco or fajita seasoning
  • 2 cups diced capsicum (1 each of red, yellow and green) 
  • 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups low salt chicken stock
  • ½ cup heavy cream
  • 1 405g can diced tomatoes and chilli
  •  3 cups penne pasta
  • ½ teaspoon salt
Instructions
  1. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Season with half of taco seasoning. In a 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over high heat. When the oil is very hot, carefully add the chicken in a single layer and cook without stirring until one side is seared and browned, about 1-2 minutes. Flip the chicken to the other side and cook until browned. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
  2. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet with the heat still on high. When the oil is very hot again, add the capsicums and remaining taco seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are slightly blackened. Turn heat to low, add minced garlic, and stir until fragrant and well combined, about 30 seconds. Remove the veggies to the plate with the chicken.
  3. In the same skillet, add the stock, cream, diced tomatoes, uncooked pasta, and salt. Stir to combine and bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 15 minutes until pasta is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed. Add the chicken and veggies back into the skillet and stir to combine until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve with buttery garlic bread and enjoy! 

6 comments:

marina said...

More delicious food!
That pudding is so cute!

shez said...

Hi a Teresa,I love your gifts from Rell and Thankyou for sharing this recipe I will be making this for sure,enjoy your evening my friend xx

Pebble said...

Thank you very much for the book carrier pattern. I am very new to leaving comments and don't have a blog so I guess I was the one you couldn't reply to. (That was actually my fourth attempt to add a comment and I was about to give up.) I do appreciate your willingness to share your creativity and the time involved in doing so.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely gifties from Narelle. All those lemon wedges look so pretty. Dinner looked and sounded very delish and yes love ONE pot!

Susan said...

I must have been in la la land - I have missed reading so many of your latest posts. The lemon slices look so good - and of course the real food looks good too. And an empty nester now . . .

Cath said...

Hello Teresa....this is just the kind of thing I was hoping people would share on my Linky Party...looks delish and I would love to give it a go... there is still time to link up and go into the prize draw....http://cathathome.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/whats-for-dinner-wednesday-10-honey-soy.html
nice to visit your blog today and I always find it so inspirational!