Thursday, January 7, 2016

City Fun

I spent a wonderful day in the city yesterday. Just love those unplanned days where everything falls into place. 
I've been wanting to see the new exhibit at GOMA (Gallery of Modern Art). It's the 8th Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Modern Art. I always love this exhibition because so much of it is interactive. So my youngest son agreed to go with me and we headed into the city. I was hoping to catch up with my eldest son also who was working. 
So lucky as it turns out he was ready for a lunch break!!! Love these two and so happy to be spending time with both of them when their lives are so busy. 
We had a fabulous lunch at Vapiano's Italian restaurant. I love watching the chefs cooking your order right in front of you. It was delicious. 
Then onto GOMA where we weren't disappointed. This was my favorite piece - giant puppet horses made in fabric. 
Just incredible. I so wanted to touch them! 
Luckily this piece "the zone of risk" was very hands on. It was so much fun. All sorts of things happened and sounded depending on what you touched or stepped on. 
It was huge. 
Lots of color, imagination, inspiration and fun here too. 
Such a great day. Always love going to the art gallery, especially when something as good as this is on. 
Teresa xx

6 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love Goma....great day out. So nice you got to share with your boys.

Jo said...

It looks like a great day out and to share it with your boys..... How wonderful

Marilyn said...

Looks like a wonderful exhibit and a fun day with your boys.

marina said...

love those horses too.
so wonderful to catch up with your boys.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great photos glad you has fun xxxx

Karen S said...

What a great display to be able to see. And only made better by having family involved, too.