Friday, January 1, 2016

Books and a Finish

I love books. My only problem is finding the time to read them!!! 
I've been lucky enough to read a few beauties lately. 
A lovely young girl at work has just published her very first novel and I was lucky enough to get a signed copy. 
As well, a friend of mine for years is a well established romance and suspense novelist and just published her 6th novel. So I am surrounded by books to read at the moment. 
I saw a great idea on Pinterest for carrying and protecting your latest read, but I also wanted a pocket for my reading glasses as I am always misplacing them.
This is what I came up with. 
It holds a variety of different sized books, has an attached bookmark and a pocket on the front for my glasses. 
I love it. Very handy and easy to grab whenever I'm heading out the door. 
It was nice and easy to make and not too hard to design. If you're interested in making one for yourself, let me know and I'll send you the measurements. 
Teresa xx

Please note I've added the measurements as I've been unable to reply to one of the comments....

Here's the measurements....

From main fabric, lining fabric and pellon cut...
Main piece 15" X 11" 
Inside pieces 5" X 11" (cut 2 from each) 
Pocket 5" X 7.5" (mine is a little longer) 

Cut 2 pieces of tape or ribbon 14.5" long for handles. 
Don't forget a piece of ribbon with embellishment for a bookmark. 

Have fun making one for yourself. 

Cheers Teresa X

5 comments:

marina said...

well done Teresa,
your book protector looks so beautiful in your special fabrics.

retdairyqueen said...

Clever little girl aren't you
It is lovely Teresa xx

Karen S said...

This seems to be the perfect time for reading when the rush of Christmas is over. How lovely to know that your friends have successfully been published. Very exciting.
I think your book protector is perfect and would love to have the measurement details. Cheers and thanks.

Pebble said...

Love your blog and love the book carrier. I am always leaving my glasses behind. Could I have the measurements please?

Debbie

MelissaD said...

Love the fabric with cursive lettering - do you recall the name/designer? You book cover is cute!