Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas Fail

My poor partner in the Friends in Stitching Christmas swap was my very own partner in crime, Helen. I was so excited at first, when I found out it was Helen, because I knew exactly what I was going to get her. She had been looking at a felt tree skirt and had almost bought it for herself. I decided that was what I was going to get for her. This is where I made a huge mistake. I should have given her the whole kit, as it was..... With the felt, and threads, sequins and beads .... and let her make it herself!!!! But nooooooo! I thought I'd make it for her. I had absolutely no idea how long it was going to take and so I failed. BIG TIME! 
By the time I realized I didn't have any chance of finishing it in time for Christmas, I didn't have enough time to start something else. Poor Helen. I can't believe I gave her an unfinished gift. Huge failure. 
I managed to get the main centerpiece finished but there are more (many more) lollies to be made and attached to the skirt. 
Every piece is embroidered, sequined, beaded and appliquéd. I will never make another one of these again!!! But I will finish this one. I feel so bad Helen!!!! 
These are the other gifts I gave in the swap and I did manage to finish the stocking!!!! 
Never again!!! Just devastated!!!!


8 comments:

Noela said...

Oh Teresa, I'm sure Helen was not upset as you are such good friends. What you have done so far is beautiful. Hugs xx.

Lorraine said...

I am sure Helen Loves what you have done so far...and will forgive you for not getting it done in time....huge amount of work! ..and beautifully done!

helbel19 said...

Don't be silly ..... I love it and I think together we can get it done as I'm very happy to lend a hand...... it is the best gift..... love it. I enjoyed all the other little gifts as well as the stocking.

Actually I think it was funny so I hope we can get a giggle out of it together.

Lynda said...

I've done the "yank back" a few times over the years. It's perfectly OK especially for such a fabulous present 😀

marina said...

Not a fail at all judging by Helens comment. It's a kit with a head start I reckon and will be even more special to work on together. Such a pretty head start to it too. Did you forget how much work went into your wreath?
Gorgeous other fifties too.

Susan said...

I know how disappointed you are but - remembering it is for Helen - I think you are putting too much guilt on yourself. She obviously loves it and really wanted it so just get it done when you can...

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Un trabajo precioso de Navidad!!!!

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

That is beautiful. You could stitch it together. It will be a gift with a story that is certain.