Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Selina

This is my amazing,inspirational friend Selina. She has been very sick for such a long time and has been on the lung transplant list..... also for a very long time. 
Three weeks ago she had a double lung transplant. I still remember that phone call from her saying "This is it .... wish me luck!"  
She asked me if I could take her for a drive up to Tamborine Moutain and I was thrilled to bits to do this and to be with her. 
We had a lovely day. Taking in the views from the Knoll and from Witches Falls. 
Enjoying a delicious lunch on Gallery Walk....
And some retail therapy in the German cuckoo clock shop and the homemade fudge shop. Simple little things we did this day that mean the world.  
I am so grateful for this day, this friend and the most amazing gift that has been given. 
Teresa xx

8 comments:

marina said...

What a wonderful day of friendship
I hope all has gone well with Selina's operation and wish her a speedy recovery and return to health

Susan said...

Fantastic. Best wishes to Selina for her recovery.

Susan said...

What happy news for Selina - wish her well.

Fiona said...

lovely reason for a day out... all the best to Selina and great to read you..x
Hugz

shez said...

i wish your lovely friend all the best and what a special day you both had together xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

A truly special young lady 💓💓💓

Baa. xxx said...

How wonderful! One of the ladies at one of my sewing groups has had a double lung transplant and has just passed her 6 months check. What a difference.

Karen S said...

A beautiful story!