Thursday, October 8, 2015

Farm Girl Vintage Tablerunner Swap

Oh this was a fun one! 
This is the first runner I made for my partner in SA. I used a gorgeous piece of vintage green fabric in it. I finished it on retreat way back in July and sent it off. Unfortunately my partner moved house around the same time as the swap and even though she had her mail redirected, the parcel never turned up. Devastated. 
So I had to start over. I didn't have any of the green left so I used a blue, which was also one of my partners colour choices. 
I didn't change the blocks for this one. 
I am very relieved to know this one has arrived at its destination. Huge sigh of relief and I have made a decision.... I am never going in another swap unless I am prepared (and have the time!) to completely make the swap gift twice. I wonder where the first one ended up???? 
A few little gifts with this one and I felt terrible my partner had to wait so long for her parcel. 
Have a great day
Teresa xx

10 comments:

Susan said...

Sad that the green one disappeared...Ill bet someone has snaffled it...this one is pretty too and I am sure your partner is delighted.

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

That is a shame that the first one is still AWOL. Glad your swap partner received the runner.

Happy days.
Bev.

marina said...

How sad that such a pretty runner went astray, very generous of you to remake.
Bet you were relieved that it got there.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That is lovely xx

Maria said...

What a shame your beautiful table runner went astray. You never know ,if you had a return address, it may show up at your place one day..
I really like the blue spot in the replacement table runner...lovely goodies you included.

Show and Tell said...

Oh Teresa I am devetated for you honey.....I hope it turns up eventually x

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh how awful! That is such a shame. You have created a beautiful version no.2 I can just imagine how relieved you were that it was received safely.

Deb R said...

Ohh a swappers worse nightmare, but your second runner is just as lovely!

Baa. xxx said...

So sad the first one went missing - be someone is really enjoying it at their house!

Karen S said...

Both runners are delightful but what a shame the first one disappeared. I often wonder how this can happen.