Sunday, August 2, 2015

Jenny's Hussif Tutorial

Last week Jenny (of Elephantz) shared a great little tutorial to make her gorgeous Hussif. I have sewed along with her and I'm almost finished. Just a little bit of binding to go. 
For some time I've had some beautiful fabric by Robyn Pandolph. The range is called the Secret Garden and I've finally used them for this project. I didn't have a lot but it was just enough. Being very time poor at the moment I've decided to go with the fussy cut version of the Hussif rather than the embroidered one. 
There are lots of lovely finishes that Jenny has put into it. Laces, tiny beeds and hand quilting. 
Lots of pockets for embroidery threads, a needle case and scissor pocket. 
And a sweet little pincushion....
That is tied with a ribbon. 
I'm up to the binding stage now (and using my new binding kit which is so handy!!!) Hopefully it will be finished tomorrow! 
If you'd like to make one of these you can find Jennys tutorial HERE. 
Happy Sunday! 
Teresa xx

4 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Looking gorgeous, Teresa!

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

looks lovely . Well done.

Baa. xxx said...

It's looking lovely!

Susan said...

So pretty...."Time poor"?? you seem to be getting a lot done...