Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tuesday Stitching and Quilty News

Today at Tuesday Stitching ....A bit of fun.....
Sending messages to Shez via Instagram! 
Yummy food! 
Helen making us all perfect cappuccinos! Baked veges and mandarin cake.  
And another row finished on my Trip Around the World quilt. I'm still behind though! 
On the weekend Helen and I put a couple of quilts in the Mt Gravatt show. It was the shows 100th year. I'm thrilled to say Helen got 2nd place with her gorgeous quilt. This is Libby Richardson's Mystery Block of the Month quilt.  Helen has done beautiful work on this quilt. She is a perfectionist. 
I entered my Gossip in the Garden quilt by Anni Downs ... no place but it's a good chance to get a full photo while its up on the wall. 
I also entered my little art quilt "Rain" and was very happy to get a " Highly Commended" award.
The quilt on the left won first prize and the quilt on the right won "Best of Show". They were stunning quilts. 
Hope you have a lovely week!
Teresa xx

 

4 comments:

shez said...

lol hi girls you made my day when i saw the sign.Well done to Helen and you for your entries in the show,you both did very well and both you ladies entries were gorgeous and deserved to be showed.
Helen looks very much in charge of the coffee machine,do you ladies let Nors near it,lol,glad you all had a fun filled day,i hope you have a lovely evening my friend xx

marina said...

well done to you both on your show entries!
they are all such wonderful quilts.
that best in show quilt is so stunning.
all those beautiful blues.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well done to Helen...big congrats x I love both your quilts Teresa. Gossip in the Garden has turned out beautifully. Congrats on your Highly Commended too. That's wonderful x

Susan said...

That Helen girl is a bit creative with her coffees!!
I am kicking myself now I didn't take Chooky to the show - We talked about it and decided it was more fun to play with fabric. Your quilts look great - love the "Rain" one.