Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Trying Something New

Had a really lovely day today with some stitching friends. Barbara is teaching us something I had never heard of before....
Tunisian crochet. It's fun and I really enjoyed it. I've picked out a pattern and will start on a new project once I have the wool. 
Gail is motoring along. Once again we had lovely peaceful surroundings to stitch in at Leona's beautiful property. Nice and cool today too. 
Lunch was zucchini and corn slice and greek salad. Yummo! But desert was even better .....
Gail's white chocolate Blondies, Leona's date slice and Barb's caramel slice. So decadent!!!  
My great day continued with news from Jack he had just bought us tickets to Mumford & Sons concert in November. I was over the moon as I missed out on seeing them when they were last here in Australia.  I can't wait as I love this band!!!!
Then it was out to dinner with a whole bunch of wonderful people to celebrate a dear friends birthday. Sandy and I have been friends for nearly 30 years. It was such a good night out. 
We had an amazing dinner at The Hyde Out. The food was incredible. I had pork belly with pear and scallops. Then we all hightailed it back to their house to watch the State of Origin final.
That has to be the most exciting, fun, loudest game I've ever watched. Definitely more fun with lots of friends and to win with a score of 52 to 6 was just one hysterical scream and jump-out-of-your-seat after another. It was brilliant. 
Such a great day and night. Now I'm exhausted and definitely ready for bed!
Hope you've had a corker of a day too! 
Teresa xx
 
 

6 comments:

shez said...

Hi Teresa boy you sure packed a lot into one day,I can see why you are exhausted,lol,how lovely was Jack to surprise you with those tickets and your crochet looks so interesting ,love all the different foods that you get to try,my hubby loves pork belly xx

KAYLEE said...

The Tunisian Crochet looks different, do you use an actual crochet hook or a knitting needle ? The SOO last night was just spectacular, brilliant from start to finish and the game seemed to be over too soon. So much enjoyment, I was screaming and clapping all night, I'm surprised the neighbours didn't coming knocking at my door - well they could have but I wouldn't have heard LOL Also I live at Tweed Heads. Hubby kept telling me to quieten down cos someone might egg our house........... Our guys are just "Simply the best" ever, to win 9 series out of 10...... so proud.....

marina said...

lots of yummy food hapening there...
great to be learning something new!
lucky you going to see Mumford and sons, they will be amazing!

Karen S said...

I am looking forward to seeing what you make with your new crochet skills. Looks like a lovely day, too.
And it was an amazing match. What a huge score!

Susan said...

A great time...shame about the score though...

Susan said...

You are always doing something interesting and having such a great time....good to see! I don't feel too bad about the origin as I gave birth to two Queenslanders.