Sunday, July 5, 2015

Story Bridge 75th Anniversary

Today we celebrated the 75th Anniversary of the Story Bridge. It was closed to traffic and opened up to the public to walk over and enjoy lots of wonderful food stalls and live music.
We had a fabulous day. The weather was beautiful and quite warm for winter. 
I went with my lovely friend Leona, 
Jack and Tori, 
Leonas daughter Mikaela,
and friends Lyn, Gail and Shane. 
Amongst the thousands of people there, the lovely Cheryl found me.  Can't believe that!!! We knew we were both there but I really thought the chances of seeing each other were pretty slim. 
Lots of great food. We had huge pretzels, burritos, potato skewers, corn cobs, honey puffs, cronuts and fudge. 
The variety of food was incredible. 
The crowds were huge but it was still a lot of fun and it's not every day you get to walk the bridge with stalls and music along the way. 
Happy 75th birthday Story Bridge! 

7 comments:

Susan said...

A wonderful day for it!

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Looks like you had a lovely day. At least the weather was good.

Karen S said...

What a fun way to celebrate the birthday for the bridge. And the weather was perfect!

sunny said...

What a great idea for a festival! Is that a potato skewer you're holding? I've never seen one, but I WANT that!!

Melody said...

Sounds, and looks, like a great day.

marina said...

was wondering if you would be there when I saw it on the news last night! I attempted to walk over the bridge when we were in Brisbane. I didn't make it very far started panicking at the height! lol
I am a chicken....
looks like quite the party.

Cath said...

History making moment....if I had still been in Brisbane, I would of loved to have done this. Is that the potato skewer that you are holding? looks so yum! insert *drooling like Homer* here!