Thursday, July 23, 2015

Perfect Stitching Day and a Great Tutorial

It has been overcast and quite cool all day today and I was lucky enough to spend it stitching. 
I worked on my Trip Around the World quilt in front of a lovely fire at my friend, Leona's house. This is becoming a very nice habit with a few friends to catch up every fortnight.  So much warmer here than at my house too!!! 
Lunch was a delicious warm chicken salad with pear and pecans and yummy olive bread. This is fast becoming my favourite salad. 
We had some homemade carrot cake too and I had a little "friend" watch me put every single mouthful in and feel extremely guilty about it. Isn't she cute? 
Such a lovely stitching day with great company. I could get used to this. 
Tonight the stitching continued. I've seen this great little binding kit popping up on Instagram everywhere. What a great idea! So I decided I had to make one for a gift for a friend. Inside there is a little strawberry scissor case....
....and a zippered compartment for your binding clips. 
Another pocket for "treats", a felt needle holder and a strap for holding your reel of cotton. Everything you need for binding. 
This was such a great tutorial and so much fun to make, that I think I need to make one for myself now! Did I mention it's a free tutorial too??? You will find the details of the Goody Goody Binding kit and sew along here on Lella Boutique's blog.
Hope you've had a great day too!
Teresa xx

6 comments:

shez said...

Thankyou so much for this link Teresa I love it,I will have to make one,yours is so cute,well done xx

Jenny of Elefantz said...

You definitely had the best of days, lucky you! Thanks for the link to the binding kit...I shall indeed be making one or two. What great gifts!
Hugs, Jenny xx

Chookyblue...... said...

always great stitching in front of the fire.......

Susan said...

Can't beat stitching by the fire.......and that's what I'm doing today if I ever get the housework done!

Fiona said...

best way to spend a day... love the dog's face! haha.... thanks for the link to that lovely baglet...
Hugz

Christine M said...

Sounds like a lovely day, Teresa. I love your sewing folder. Will check out the tutorial.