Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Tuesday Fun

Today our usual Tuesday stitching group didn't get together due to health issues and appointments. But as it is my day off, it was still a wonderful day. 
First I got to spend most of the day with my youngest son and we really enjoyed ourselves. We saw Jurassic World in 3D at the movies. It was fantastic. It is incredible how good the CGI and special effects are. So believable! 
We also tried a new place for lunch and did a bit of shopping for some cooking and baking. 
I made chorizo and red pepper quiches. One my husband got stuck into tonight and the other for a stitching day with another group of lovely friends tomorrow. 
I also made caramel cookies and they are simply delicious!!!
I've hidden a plate for tomorrow as I don't think these are going to last long at all. 
I even managed a bit of sewing. 
This is week 7 of the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along and my finished Crops Block. This is going to be made into a potholder for one of the FGV swaps I'm in. 
All in all - a super day. 
Hope you're having a lovely week!
Teresa xx

6 comments:

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Thanks for sharing the biscuits . They look great. Will have to try.

Baa. xxx said...

Glad Jurassic World was good heading out to see it tomorrow night - can't wait. Yummy food - those biscuit look good!

Christine M said...

Sounds like you had a great day, Teresa. Nelson saw that movie yesterday and he loved it too.

Susan said...

Hope there is nothing serious going on - - its pretty serious to stop you and your Tuesdays!!!

marina said...

am looking forward to seeing Jurassic world too.
glad for the review.
those caramel biccies look delicious!
great block too.

Karen S said...

Looks like you made the most of the day regardless. Yummy baking! And the block looks great.