Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Sunday Stitching - May Catch Up

Another wonderful get together on Sunday with this group of great friends. We also used this day as our fundraiser, the Biggest Morning Tea, for the Cancer Council.  
This means lots of yummy pink food for the day. How gorgeous are the red velvet cupcakes, birthday cake, heart shaped and butterfly cakes? Yummo! 
There was no shortage of delicious food. 
Birthday girls this month were Maria and Maree. 
The girls opening their birthday fat quarters from the group. 
It was also time for our second challenge in our Trip Around the World quilt. We were given partners and had to choose a fat quarter for them to be used in their quilt. My partner was Norreen - isn't her quilt gorgeous? I just love the colours she's using. 
I was way too social and spent most of the day chatting and catching up with everyone, so my progress on my quilt was almost non existent. Very naughty!!!! 
I love these days. Always so good to see everyone. 
Oh I almost forgot! Now I can show you my giant pincushion I made, as it was Maree's birthday present. 
Have a great week! 
Teresa xx
 

4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

looks like a wonderful day.......always so good to catch up with the girls.....yummmy food day.........

marina said...

what a feast!!
love your pincushion for maree, it's gorgeous.
great progress on those trips around the world.

Susan said...

Great day - great food - great pics - hope you wont mind If I take your pic and add it to the recipe.

Karen S said...

Your fund raiser looks fantastic!
And your giant pin cushion is a wonderful gift.