Friday, June 26, 2015

By Hoki Quilts Challenge

The theme for this challenge was "Rain". I decided on a mini quilt inspired by a painting I had seen. 
I used appliqué, paint, embroidery and tiny crystal beads to make it. 
The street lamp is appliqué and painted. The sky and clouds are also painted. 
I've painted highlights on the umbrella and couple as well. 
Stitching and beads for the rain. 
Puddles on the ground. 
This was a lot of fun and really made me think outside the box. The next theme is black and white. I'll have to put my thinking cap back on.....,
Have a great day
Teresa xx


13 comments:

sunny said...

Oh my gosh - this is awesome! What a fantastic job!!

Allie said...

This is incredible - just stunning. I love it, the shading is perfect, the lighting on the lamp, even the shadow for the people - gorgeous!

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely work. it is stunning.

Christine M said...

WOW Teresa. Your mini is amazing. How clever you are!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Really beautiful x

marina said...

so beautiful Teresa,
you clever chooky
x

Maria said...

Oh Teresa that's just gorgeous... Lucky recipient....

Cath said...

What an awesome mini quilt you have created......clever girl!

Fiona said...

I love this little work of art...
Hugz

Karen S said...

This is really lovely. Very creative.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

What gorgeous art, Teresa. :-)

Virginia Juster said...

I'm always amazed at the gorgeous things you make Teresa. This is beautiful.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Just stunning!