Monday, June 15, 2015

Button Swap Part Two

 My partner in the button swap challenge was Peg and this is what I made for her.....
It was a lot of fun finding things to make with buttons and I did get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest!
I made Peg a little mini quilt... The Button Collector.
The jar has plastic sewn in and the buttons are loose inside the :"jar:". It took me a little while to work out how to do this and put it all together. But it worked!
I didn't make the button necklace, but when I saw it on Etsy, I couldn't resist. This did, however, lead to the many button bracelets I've been making lately!
I also enjoyed making a couple of cards with lots of buttons too.
This first card was fun and I made some cardboard :"buttons" very vintagey with old book pages and ink. It has an old vintage thimble charm too.
Keeping with the "button" theme, the back is a replica of an old button card.
 
The button cupcake card went with the second parcel I sent to Peg, as I forgot to send her chocolates in the first parcel!!! I think I subconsciously wanted to eat the chocolates myself! But they did go on their merry way to Peg (the next day!!!)
This really was a fun swap!


14 comments:

Christine M said...

I love the mini you made for Peg, Teresa. It is beautiful!

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Preciosos trabajos con botones.

Baa. xxx said...

What a fabulous little mini - great idea to use plastic so the buttons are free to move - very clever. Love the cardboard buttons too.

marina said...

your mini was a fantastic idea! it looks Gorgeous as do the extras you put in Peg's parcel.
youare such a clever girlie
x

katrien said...

Love it.
What a great swap.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Very sweet mini for Peg. Beautiful cards and I love the necklace x

sunny said...

I saw all the goodies over on Peg's blog. Fantastic! Where did you get the vinyl (?) that you used for the button jar? I need to go buy an old used book to use for things like this, but I'd sure have a hard time cutting it up. Great job on everything!!!

Deb R said...

Tis gorgeous, lovely swap items!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Teresa my gifts were totally awesome loved them all xxx

shez said...

Wow Teresa you put together one awesome parcel for Peg,love it all,well done on a wonderful swap xx

Fiona said...

thats a lovely parcel you put together... the button jar mini is just wonderful...
Hugz

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Love your button collector mini quilt. Well done.

Karen S said...

Lovely work on your gifts for peg. Great idea with the mini and the cards are gorgeous.

Jo said...

I love your button collector mini.