Saturday, June 6, 2015

Beenleigh Quilt Show

On Friday it was a lovely brisk morning while I waited for a lift from my lovely friend, Leona. We were going to the quilt show at Beenleigh and meeting a few other friends as well. 
Rows and rows of gorgeous quilts to see. 
These are just a few that I really liked. We also saw the quilts from the Beenleigh Quilters latest challenge. It was "Peace and Rememberance". Each were given a small piece of fabric with  poppys on it. 
Top left photo is of the winning quilt. It was fantastic. Top right photo is the lovely poppy brooch I received when we entered the show. Isn't it lovely? 
Of course there were a few stalls there too and a few lovely pieces of fabric came home with me.  I hope to use them in the Farm Girl Vintage quilt.  I couldn't resist the bag of assorted gold buttons for $3  and the metre of pink spots for $6 love a bargain!!!
Had a wonderful meal at the local pub with the girls to top off a great day. 
Quilts, bargains, chicken schnitzel and lovely friends ..... Can't beat that! 
Teresa xx
PS The mail today brought me another gorgeous quilt charm for my bracelet (the little american flag!) I just love it.
And some gorgeous little blocks of beeswax (made by Julie's own bees!) 
 

8 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

Sounds like the perfect day!

sunny said...

What a perfect day! Those poppy quilts are beautiful.

Michelle Ridgway said...

The poppy quilts are beautiful and what a great challenge for this year. Thanks for sharing the quilts.

marina said...

sounds like a perfect day out!
love those dragonflies too..

Karen S said...

What a fantastic display of quilts. The weather doesn't matter when you have a display like that to see!

Susan said...

Great day out. Looks like quite a big exhibition of beautiful quilts. I can see some more button jewellery coming.

Chookyblue...... said...

always great to get to a quilt show..........

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a great display....lots of inspiration..a girl can never have enough buttons xxx