Friday, June 12, 2015

A New Sewing Kit and Cake!


I finished the lovely Natalie Bird stitchery "Home" that we received at her workshop earlier this year. I decided to use mine on the cover of a sewing kit. 
I looked at lots of inspiration on Pinterest and decided to make one with lots of pockets. You can never have too many pockets! 
Two pockets to hold stitcheries and patterns and a strap to hold spools of thread in the first section. 
Scissor pocket, felt for needles and pins and another small pocket for a tape measure, although I was thinking of making this a small pincushion. 
On the third section there are 5 more pockets, one specifically for my unpicker. 
It folds up in two places so nothing falls out of the pockets. I'm so happy with it. I wanted to make something with all my spotty fabrics too, which seems to be growing!!! I think this will be very handy. 
I had a lovely morning today catching up with a dear friend at our local cafe. I love these get togethers! I can definitely recommend the carrot and banana cake. Delicious!!!
I also stopped in the local antique shop/florist and scored two lovely pieces. A sweet Royal Albert dish and cute depression glass jug. Can't wait to use that dish! 
Hope you're having a great day!
Teresa xx

10 comments:

Baa. xxx said...

What a lovely sewing kit with all its pockets! And that cake looks super yummy - making us hungry!

Jan said...

Your new sewing kit is so lovely, Teresa - and very handy too. And the cake looks delicious. Enjoy the rest of your day. xx

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful Teresa.........

Christine M said...

Your sewing kit is gorgeous, Teresa. Lovely purchases too.

marina said...

a very sweet sewing kit, you have thought of everything with all the little pockets and I love the idea of the thread strap, very clever!
lovely antique buys..

shez said...

Hi Teresa ,wow I love this you are so clever my friend and I love the look of that yummy cake,and how lovely is your new dish and jug ,awesome shopping ,hope you have a lovely evening xx

sunny said...

LOVE LOVE the sewing kit! Do you have a pattern, or did you just make it up as you went? Did I mention how much I love this??

Show and Tell said...

Yummmm to the cake and the sewing kit....I think I would love them both xx

Fiona said...

what a lovely sewing kit...
Hugz

Susan said...

Love the sewing kit...very clever idea Teresa and that dish is gorgeous.