Saturday, May 30, 2015

Chooky's 3rd Birthday Bash


 
Chooky is celebrating the Chookshed's 3rd birthday this weekend. Lots of people  are there - Some in real life and some (like me) in spirit! 
To make me feel like I'm really there, I have made the same Salsa Chicken recipe in the slow cooker like they are having in the Chookshed (recipe on Chooky's blog!). It smells sooooo good! 
Drinks are ready (but I don't think I'll drink them as they look too pretty!) 
I'll be working on my tablerunner with blocks from Lori Holt's "Farm Girl Vintage" book. Quilting and binding hopefully! 
I got side-tracked twice though today. Firstly there was a great idea in the latest Daphne's Diary. Making your own homemade makeup remover. It was so easy to make snd smells lovely. There's  a sweet label in the magazine to decorate your finished jar. 
The second lapse in concentration was because I had to mend my hubby's pants with a new button. This lead to thinking about a pink button bracelet to wear to our Sunday Stitching groups Biggest Morning Tea tomorrow. 
No help whatsoever from Squeaky who thought it her place to sit on the chosen buttons. 
But I'm very happy with the result. 
Now to get back to the quilting and then eat that chicken salsa!!!! 
Hope you're having a great weekend too! 
Teresa xx
PS Can't wait to see what Chooky and the rest of you girls get finished!!! 

9 comments:

Melody said...

Such a fabulous post. Love love love your bracelet

Christine M said...

How clever of you to buy drinks to match your quilt block, Teresa! Your bracelet looks great.

Julie said...

Hello Teresa, just popping over via Jennys of elephantz blog. Your button bracelet is sooo very beautiful. And your cat helping you makes me feel right at home :-) Your blog is lovely. Have a super week ahead.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Yummo love the buttons xx

Show and Tell said...

Hi there, looks like you had a lovely weekend...We were thinking of you all x

shez said...

lovely post Teresa,you were well organised,those drinks do look pretty,can i ask what is in the makeup remover please,enjoy your day my friend xx

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Teresa,
looks like you had a lot of fun things to play with.
The food looks very delicious.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Maria said...

Your photos are just so full of wonderful things!

Chookyblue...... said...

catching up on some saved posts........sorry i'm late.........glad the dinner was a hit.........those cruiser labels are looking very flash........button bracelet looks great........