Friday, May 1, 2015

April Sewing

Aside from the stitching and sewing I did over the easter break, I managed a few other projects this month. 
Firstly two water bottle holders made with insulbrite to keep the drinks nice and cold. 
Some little bunny stitcheries (there were 3 of these). 
A nifty little thread holder (thank you for the tutorial Fiona!) 
The bunny stitcheries were added to some paper pieced triangles and then hexagons. This is the Lynette Anderson project from our workshop in Nundle. 
My book "Farm Girl Vintage" by Lori Holt arrived and I celebrated by making one of the blocks from the book.  This wooly sheep block is 12 inches and will be a little mini quilt. 
Another little thread catcher was born....
And then I started this. It's called "Vintage Sewing Collage" and it's a gorgeous design by Gail Pan. As soon as I saw it I couldn't wait to make it. 
I love all the little vintage elements added to this too. 
Playing around with the placement of the embellishments. Some of my Nanna's old buttons were used. 
And tea stained laces and doilies. I decided to quilt and bind my piece instead of frame it. However, if I find the perfect frame, I think I'd like to make another one of these collages. 
It's finished and I love it. 
Hope you found time to sew and create this month too! 
Teresa xx

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

lots of great sewing.........good to see some of the GDITC project.........must get back to mine.......

marina said...

gorgeous hanging, love the richness of the browns too.
great progress on your hexie project. Very cute sheep, great fabric for the grass!
have a great weekend

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lots of lovely stitching Teresa x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your projects are all gorgeous you are so cleaver xxx

Baa. xxx said...

Lots of wonderful sewing - Baa loves the sheep, we love the Gail Pan mini hanging - gorgeous!

Karen S said...

You have been busy with a lot of different projects. Gorgeous stitching and loads of finishes!