Saturday, May 16, 2015

A Quick Tutorial

I've been having fun making paper (and measuring tape) bows. They look great on birthday presents and wrapped parcels.
So while my chicken and corn chowder is simmering away on the stove for dinner .....I thought I'd share a quick tutorial.
This will make a quick, easy paper bow. Using 12inch double sided scrap booking paper cut 7 x 1 inch strips.
You need 3 x 12 inch strips, 3 x 10 inch strips and 1 x 5 inch strip. 
Twist into a figure 8 shape and staple together in the middle. The 5 inch strip is just a loop. 
Using double sided tape, stick each loop in place on top of each other and finishing with the little loop in the very centre. Ta Daaa! That's it! 
To make the measuring tape bow, I used a lot more pieces and built it up to the size I wanted. Lots of fun and so easy to make.
Have a great weekend!
Teresa xx

PS Just had to show you these. My Jack knows how much I love minions - so he bought these for me from ebay....

10 comments:

marina said...

what a nifty idea!
your soup looks yum...
very nice sewalong blocks in your previous post too.
have a good one!

Karen S said...

Fun idea!!

Virginia Juster said...

A great way to make a gift special. Thanks Teresa.

Deb R said...

What a great idea!!, Your soup looks sooo yummy!!,

Wendy B said...

I KNEW great minds think alike! I made a couple of those as badges for LGS this year, but couldn't figure out how to add a name easily so they're sitting in my gift pile!! LOL Love your ones though...they look much nicer than mine! xox love n sugary sweet ones hon. :o)

Fiona said...

oooh thanks....
Hugz

Carolyn said...

Love the bows Teresa... and the soup looks good too!

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

Thanks so much for the ribbon instructions. Hope you enjoyed your meal.

Happy days.
Bev.

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

I'm going to bookmark this post, as it is such a great idea. Thanks, Teresa!

Show and Tell said...

These are very cute Teresa....Too clever :)