Thursday, May 21, 2015

A creative day....

I had a very creative day on Tuesday. It is usually the day I feel like sewing and crafting as I get together with my stitching group. Firstly I have made all these cute hexies in Tilda fabrics. It's a pattern by Moda and a kit, in a great little tin, from Hatched and Patched. It will make a giant pincushion when it's finished. 
I also made a third felt Christmas gift envelope and finished off all of them with buttons and closures on the back. 
Then, as I am currently in a button swap, I played around with some buttons. Most of these are old buttons that belonged to my  Nanna. 
I made myself a bracelet and I just love it. I've sewn the buttons onto elastic as I've seen many button bracelets on Pinterest made this way. I tea-stained the elastic to tone it down with the brown colours of the buttons. I've used lots of favourite buttons in this bracelet. 
After seeing a gorgeous little fabric origami butterfly on Fiona's blog (Bubz Rugz) I decided to give them a go too. 
They were so much fun to make. Now I'm thinking of all the places you could put these... On top of presents and gifts...on quilts....on bags....hair clips....in my mums bus with all the hundreds of other butterflies she has in there!.....
Then I finally got tired and went to bed. A great day of crafting that's for sure! 
Teresa xx 
PS I've used one of the butterflies to decorate a birthday present....

6 comments:

Trudy said...

Love your button bracelet Teresa, what a lovely way to keep memories of your Nanna with you always.
Trudy.

Susan said...

Your Tilda hexies are so pretty. Lovely to have a day being creative and getting lots done. The button swap is a great idea......but not sure I could part with mine.

Susan said...

Your Tilda hexies are so pretty. Lovely to have a day being creative and getting lots done. The button swap is a great idea......but not sure I could part with mine.

Maria said...

Lots of lovely hexie there and your button bracelet looks great.

Karen S said...

Lots of lovely stitching. Pretty hexies, and great envelopes.
Have fun with the buttons.
And the butterflies are beautiful.

Dawnie said...

I looked everywhere to track this pincushion pattern too, i havw the same tin, cant waot to stitch it together,