Tuesday, May 19, 2015

A Birthday Present and a Baby Present

My stitching group, Friends in Stitching, has a birthday swap where each of us has a secret partner. We make a birthday present on behalf of the group and send it to the birthday girl. The theme this year was a scissor fob and some other bits and pieces. My partner, Razzy, has just had her birthday, so I can now share what I made for her. 
A little set of scissors, tape measure, thimble and needles, a fat 1/4 of fabric and the scissor fob. 
The fob is embroidered on pieces of silk. There are lots of different stitches including some ribbon embroidery and beads and small flower buttons. I really enjoyed making this. 
I also made a little thread catcher to put everything in when I sent it and there is a needle threader and box of chocolates. 
I have also made a bear for my nieces new baby boy. She is living over in the U.S. at the moment, so this little bear has travelled all the way over to Texas with my sister in law to give to him. 
He's made in mohair with velvet paws. I used to make bears all the time a few years back but they've been pushed aside for quilting these days! 
Have a great week! 
Teresa xx

5 comments:

Susan said...

A hidden talent for bear making, he's a gorgeous little fellow. Lovely gift for Razzy, we all love special accessories.

Karen S said...

Lovely work on all these gifts.
Great fun and a wonderful idea with the birthday gifts. Your partner is very lucky to receive your lovely fob and gifts.
Your bear is gorgeous. What a special gift to send for a baby. Your bear has a lovely face!

Fiona said...

lovely gifts... I am in love with the little scissor fob...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Just beautiful Teresa and of course just love that gorgeous bear...what a special gift x

Dianne said...

I don't know how you do it all Teresa. The bear is absolutely gorgeous. In fact, I think it is the best most adorable bear I have ever seen. The gifts for your stitching friend are also wonderful.