Saturday, April 4, 2015

Easter Stitching

It's so lovely to have a few days off work and be able to indulge in some stitching and movie watching! The weather has been overcast and rainy which makes it even more perfect. 
I've been working on the lovely little bag by Natalie Bird that I bought at her workshop. I've decided to do my appliqué on the front in wool as I have some lovely little scraps to play with. 
This little piece of fabric was in the retreat gift from Sandi last trip to Warwick. I've made it into a potholder but as I have a bad habit of burning my potholders (and I really like this one!) I'm going to use it as a mugrug or hot pad. 
I've joined a great swap this month - a Paris Swap of all things!!!! How could I not join this one??? To start with I've put a Paris border on a tea towel. Super little tutorial for this on Jenny of Elephantz blog. Now to think of another "Paris" gift....
It hasn't been all sewing so far this easter break. This morning I met up with my lovely friend, Leona for a coffee. She does the most beautiful water colour paintings. 
I saw a water colour she'd painted of a feather and just loved if. So she painted one for me.  Isn't it beautiful? She also came to the rescue with a pattern I really needed. I've recently discovered I'm missing a block for my "Postcards from Paris" quilt. Luckily she has made this quilt (twice I might add!!) and came up with the missing block pattern. What a relief! 
I've used these fabrics from my stash and hopefully they will match up with the rest of the quilt (which the fabrics were provided for). 
Today I managed to get this block finished....And....
The dreaded hatbox block. Which took me ages as I just wasn't happy with the fabrics they'd chosen for this block. I'm not thrilled with it still, but I'll sleep on it! 
And joy of joy I've finished Natalie Bird's little "Blackbird Purse" pattern. This was a lot of fun! 
So happy with this. I really enjoyed making it and already thinking of making another one....
It's still raining and perfect stitching weather. I'm about to start on my Trip Around the World quilt now. Hope my mojo stays around for awhile longer! 
Happy Easter everyone!!! 
Teresa xx
PS my lovely Easter egg from Jack....
Dark chocolate with mint. Just beautiful and a little difficult to break it open! 



11 comments:

shez said...

Happy Easter Teresa and I love all your work you have been very busy,well done xx

Chookyblue...... said...

the black bird purse is lovely...........enjoy your sewing time......

marina said...

so many gorgeous projects in this post. Love the wool applique and the border fabric for your tea towel is gorgeous.
hope your mojo stays around for the break. I think it will as long as the choccie mint leaves last!

Cath said...

I love everything here, even the one you don't! Happy Easter!

Deb R said...

Lovely birdie purse Teresa, Happy Easter and. happy sewing

helbel19 said...

What a great post.... I love everything here but I think the Post Cards from Paris blocks are the best.... hehehehehehe

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Happy Easter love all your projects xx

Susan said...

Excellent work Teresa - you are very focused!

Karen S said...

Love the idea of the applique in wool. It looks great.
Lovely work on the blocks, too. I can see why you liked the feather! A very talented lady.

Virginia Juster said...

I'm running for the tea towels now! Just have to make the Paris border ones. Thanks for the inspiration again Teresa.

Baa. xxx said...

Wow! Lots of lovely things you have been making! Happy Easter too.