Saturday, April 25, 2015

Anzac Day

Lest we forget. 

I had the most amazing wonderful Anzac Day this year with my family. I have wanted to go into Brisbane city and watch my dad march for the last few years and this year I made sure I got there.
Being the 100 year anniversary of the Gallipoli landing this year, the March and the people attending was the largest ever in history.
To say it was wonderful and emotional is an understatement. 
My dad knew my mum and Frank were there but he had no idea that my sister, my boys and myself were going to be there and the look on his face when he saw us in the crowd will stay with me forever. I am so proud of him.
Jack managed to get the photo of the day. I absolutely love this photo and capturing the smile on my dads face.
The March was so large this year it went for 3 hours. Truly inspiring. So much admiration and respect for all these incredible people. 
After the March and after Dad had a few drinks with his mates we all caught up for lunch. 
Love this photo of him taking to James while we were there. 
It was pretty special! 
Thanks for this photo mum! xx
The fantastic day continued with a catch up back at my eldest boys place and a game or two of tennis. 
Not often I get a good action shot like this! 
Jack and Tori and I caught the train home very late in the day and then Jack and I had a lovely dinner on the way home.   
I really have this gorgeous kid to thank for getting us up and off to the parade today. I'm so glad we did and we were able to share this day with the rest of the family. 
Best day in a long time! 
Teresa xx

PS A couple more photos from today.....
The blanket of poppies at Federation Square, Melbourne. 
Me and my sis. 

3 comments:

shez said...

Hi Teresa i love the post,what a wonderful day for the family xx

Lynda said...

Fabulous day Teresa - you packed so much in.

Karen S said...

All the marches were quite stunning this year. It was wonderful to see them. Love your photos and I can see why it was so special and important for you.