Thursday, April 16, 2015

A Day with Mum

I got to spend the day with my mum yesterday, but unfortunately, not under very happy circumstances. My mum's partner has been terribly sick. Not only has he been in hospital since last Saturday, but he's been in 3 different hospitals. He is now in the hospital that my mum was in years ago, when she was in intensive care for a week. So visiting him yesterday and going back to the hospital was quite emotional for both mum and I. He had surgery yesterday and was in very good spirits last night when I left. I was hoping he might even get out of hospital today, but that wasn't to be and now he is back to square one again. 

I did get to spend the day with my mum though and help her get to and from the hospital and try and keep her spirits up too. My sister, who runs a mobile coffee van, called in to see us and make me the most delicious coffee ever. All I know is it had a hazelnut kick and it was exactly what we needed!
I got to have lots of long conversations with my mum and talk about just about everything. I also got a lovely Easter gift from her and as always.... was very spoilt with all the goodies.
How awesome is the thimble? Thanks to my mum  and all her travelling, I have a wonderful thimble collection! Two cute owls full of lavender (they smell divine) and lots of chocolate!!! Which I got stuck into on the long drive home last night!
I also got these two gorgeous bunnies.... I just love them! Thank you so much mum for the wonderful bag of surprises. 
Hope we get some good news tomorrow and Frank is better, or at least pain free would be amazing.

9 comments:

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Lovely to be with Mum, not great circumstances though. There is no doubting you & your sister are related. I thought that was a photo of you working a coffee van.

shez said...

Oh Teresa I am so sorry to hear that Frank isn't well,I hope now that his health will improve,sending big hugs to you and your mum xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Big hug coming thinking of you all xxx

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

So to hear your bad news. hope he make a speedy recovery. My thoughts are with you.

Susan said...

So good that you have each other to lean on....hoping for a speedy recovery.

Susan said...

Hugs to you all. Hoping for the best for everyone...

Fiona said...

I do hope Frank is much better... love to all of you...
Hugz

Lynda said...

I hope you've had some good news about Frank - such a worrying time for all of you when a loved one is unwell. Love your new bunnies - they are very cute.

Karen S said...

It is a difficult time waiting to see people get better. Getting home from hospital is the best!
Love the idea of the mobile coffee van coming to you. great to have a sister who does that!
Your Easter goodies are lovely.