Thursday, April 23, 2015

A Bag Challenge

I found a great project challenge on Instagram. I've been following Leasa from  Project Leasa for ages and have been keeping up with her "Sew my Stash" challenges since the beginning of the year. This challenge is a bag challenge - right up my alley!!!! I love making bags and have a few on my "To Do" list and plenty of fabric in my stash to use. 
Perfect. 
Challenge accepted. 
I am thrilled to say the challenge inspired me to make a bag with a pattern I bought at last year's craft show from Studio Mio. I love this bag as it's a little different to any other bag I've made.
The hardware alone is incredible. If has a metal frame that allows the bag to open right up and is inserted at the top of the bag.
It also has leather handles that are attached with brass rose rivets and a lace zipper. I've made mine with a gorgeous printed linen and a striped fabric that I've also had since last year's craft show. 
Ta Daa! I just love it! So happy to cross another project off my list and finally make this bag. 
Teresa xx

7 comments:

Fiona said...

It's a great bag.....
Hugz

Baa. xxx said...

Wow! That is amazing hardware. The bag looks fantastic!

Virginia Juster said...

You've done a beautiful job on that great bag Teresa. Using a metal frame would scare me to death! Well done.

Virginia Juster said...

What a fun day you had together. Love the fabrics you bought and I HAVE to have some of that pink and cream "ballet" with the Eiffel Tower French theme fabric. Can you tell me what it is and the store you bought it from? I can phone them to send me some. I'm jealous of all the fun you have. Wish I lived closer.

Susan said...

That is so you, and you are so clever to make it. You need to go on holidays to Paris I think.

Karen S said...

This is a great looking bag. Well done getting all the parts together in the right way!! Lovely end result.

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Lovely bag. I love the fabric choices.