Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tuesday Stitching

Today's stitching was a nice surprise. We are up to the wreath and holly leaves part of our Christmas wreaths. At first it looked like it wasn't going to be an easy job to sew the actual wreath but after seeing how lovely Norreen's turned out, I was willing to give it another go. 
So glad I did as I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Sandi's husband made us all metal "halos" for the base of the wreaths and they are so much better than the cardboard alternative. 
I think we've worked out it's going to take about 17 hours just to make the holly leaves now! 
They are going to look so good when they're finished and on the wreath.
Norreen had "show and tell" for us with her gorgeous Bronwyn Hayes quilt. I love it! 
I received a bounty of happy mail today. It was like Christmas .... Gail Pan's new Christmas book....a new bunny pattern and kit from Hatched and Patched ( just love Anni's quirky bunnies!) ....and my Tilda swap present has arrived and waiting patiently for me to open this Friday. Cannot wait to see what Sue has made me!!!!! 
And ..... This gorgeous silver quilters necklace from Lynette Anderson. It has a thimble, lucky four leaf clover charms, as well as bling pieces and pearls. I love it!!! 
Then an enjoyable night home for a change. I've finished another row on my Trip Around the World quilt and watched a fabulous movie "Pride" with Jack and Tori. If you get the chance, this is a wonderful true story and definitely worth watching. 
And there goes another month! And what a fabulous month March has been. A birthday that managed to last the whole month, back to back retreats in Brisbane and Nundle, Easter crafting, wonderful catch ups with family and friends and lots of sewing! Can't beat that! 
Have a great week
Teresa xx

3 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

I can hear your joy through every word written! What a fabulous birthday month! x

marina said...

that must be a record for birthday celebrating!
loving your wreath, it is going to be gorgeous.
lovely new projects and beautiful necklace.
Saw Pride when it came on at the movies, loved it too. The actors were amazing and sweet english humour too.

Karen S said...

Your wreath is looking great. Those leaves create a lovely effect.
Your mail has been very exciting!!