Friday, March 13, 2015

Let's Get Stitched 2015

I have been so busy over the last few months and my blog has suffered for it. Hopefully when things settle down I will get back to blogging more frequently. 
Quickly though, I just want to share a few photos from our fabulous annual get together with the awesome girls from Let's Get Stitched. 
This year was in Brisbane and it was a crazy, fun, fabulous four days. I absolutely love these events and catching up with everyone is the best.
Joy, Fee, Dawn and Vicki are the force behind these events and what they do for us to ensure a memorable experience is nothing short of incredible. 
I have so many photos to share and I will get around to posting them eventually. 
One of the highlights, for me this year, was being asked to be one of the secret designers. Being "secret" was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.
I still can't believe none of the Tuesday girls, Helen, Sandi and Norreen and my best buddy, Narelle, had no clue!!!!
This is my project. I've called it the "All in One Place Sewing Binder". It is a binder cover, but inside there are lots of pockets for threads, scissors, pens, sewing notions and a needle case. With your patterns and paperwork in the plastic inserts you can take this binder anywhere and have everything at your fingertips. I've used lots of vintage laces, buttons, ribbons and trims to embellish the front and inside pockets. It was a lot of fun to make. 
I will share more photos as soon as I get another chance. 
Have a great day
Teresa xx


16 comments:

shez said...

Oh Teresa it was so good to catch up with you again,and how clever you are,this binder is gorgeous and I look forward to finishing mine,till we meet again xx

Fiona Ransley said...

I always love our time together. Totally love your design - You are such a clever chooky xxx

marina said...

congratulations on becoming a guest designer you clever thing!
I am sure a good time was had by all judging by all the pics

Susan said...

Congratulations on your debut as a designer. Wonderful to be part of such a great group and have so many of your friends there to enjoy it.

Karen S said...

Congratulations on your lovely design. Is this the start of a new direction??

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wonderful experience! Congrats on your sneaky surprise. Your project is adorable and I am loving stitching it xx

Cattinka said...

Can´t wait to see more pictures of the binder! Have I told you that I think it is awesone - of course I have!
KATRIN W.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous Teresa you really are so very cleaver ....so now can we all get our hands on one of these kits xxxx

sunny said...

You're a star!!! And your binder design is awesome. Will you be selling the pattern?

Chookyblue...... said...

nice project..........I can't believe you kept that a secret from the Tues girls........that is a miracle in it's self........see you very soon for another action packed weekend.........

Jude said...

Your project is really beautiful and hope to make it soon.

Fiona said...

you did so well designing such a lovely project..... and it was great to see you too... not enough time of course!!

Hugz

Algodão Tão Doce said...

Amei conhecer o seu blog, já fiquei por aqui!!!Achei maravilhoso!!!
Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

Obrigada.

Beijos Marie.

Linda said...

Congratulations on being a designer. Your photos are lovely.

Sarah said...

Looks like a lovely weekend! Lots of lovely smiley faces!
Your getting very, very thin too!

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

I love your 'All in one place sewing binder'. Where can I purchase your pattern. I think my Tipsy Girls would love to make this. Congratulations! You will be famous in Canada!