Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Warwick

February means we are off on our annual quilting retreat to Warwick with the Tuesday girls (and friends!) Yay!!! Roadtrip!!! 
When we get to Glenrose our morning tea awaits us!
Home sweet home for the next 4days. I'm sharing with Susan this time and I'm in a different cottage for a change! We are in the Lavender Cottage.  It's beautiful!! 
Look at that quilt on Susan's bed!!! 
Very spoilt with a lovely bag of goodies from Sandi. That is a teeny tiny Mason jar full of tiny treasures.  I just love it!!! 
Can you believe we stopped sewing already and went to Bryson's for afternoon tea? Of course you can. Mmmm salted caramel slice! 
First group photo! 
Okay back to sewing. I'm working on my hexagon quilt in Tilda fabrics. The pattern came with Sarah's (Patchwork Plus) hexagon ruler which is making this a breeze to cut out. Love love love Tilda fabrics. 
Helen and Jenny are working on dolls! 
Dinner was fantastic. Everyone brings along a plate for a communal first night dinner. We outdid ourselves! 
Baileys trifle and sour cherry tart for dessert! Oh yum!!!!!
Chocolate Baileys! And I slept like a log....
My quilt is together and the first border is on. I'll have to stop now until I get enough fabric for the next border.
All in all a fabulous first day of retreat! 
Have a great week!
Teresa xx 


10 comments:

Lynda said...

You girls definitely know how to run a retreat!

shez said...

wow what fun you girls are having,thankyou for sharing your first day,this will be fun watching you girls get into mischief,lol.xx

Karen S said...

This all looks wonderful. So much to do and your quilt is even getting done!!
Love the blue sky in your first pic!!

marina said...

wow that quilt on Susan's bed would have me moving me in permanently. It's gorgeous.
love your tilda top. Those fabrics are so pretty.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic first day you lucky girls have heaps of fun xx

Susan said...

Great first day.....all that cake is very good for sewing energy. Love your hexagon quilt, such a good pattern for showing off your Tilda fabrics. Is it done by hand or machine?

Chookyblue...... said...

oh.....wished I was there............your quilt looks great......hi to everyone..........

Chookyblue...... said...

maybe you will get flood in with the cyclone coming down.....then you would have to stay longer.......

Jo in TAS said...

You girls know how to spoil yourselves x

Susan said...

Great post Teresa- thanks for looking after me so well!! I had a ball!