Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sunday - West End Markets

I had a great day today with both my boys in West End. I lived here many years ago in a small flat 2 streets from the main thoroughfare and I loved it. Still do - only now it's even better with its fabulous shops, many wonderful restaurants and cafes and the unique markets. 
We met at the markets and I was surprised at how good they are now.
Lots of vintage clothing, shoes and bags, old and new books, vintage furniture,  handmade goodies, live music and great food and drinks galore. It has a fabulous atmosphere and is very unique in every way. 
My favourite stall by far was that of the "Lady Brass"..... maker of all things "steampunk". There was so much great stuff - I wanted to buy it all! 
James tried on a pair of steampunk sunnies and the lady insisted he needed a top hat to go with them. Her jewellery was amazing. 
I came home with 2 pieces. A gorgeous locket with a secret compartment and a cute as brooch. Her hat pins were exquisite but a bit out of my price range. 
So many vintage clothes and some gorgeous dresses - I'll have to go back when I have more time!!!!
There was also a huge new and old book stall and I scored a few bargains. 
We then had an amazing lunch at the famous Three Monkeys cafe which I love!!!!
 Can't beat their enchiladas and Yummo salads. I had a coconut and pineapple juice too which was divine. 
I left the boys (and Tori and Phoebe) at the Brisbane Brewing Co where they posted this pic of them enjoying the rest of their Sunday. 
What a great day. Can't wait to do it again. 
If you are interested in the markets ... They're on every Friday night, Saturday until 10 pm and Sunday until 4 pm. More details and info on the markets HERE

Have a great day

Teresa xx

3 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for the tip. We are having an a quick trip to Brisbane in April, and this sounds perfect.

Fiona said...

looks great fun....
Hugz

Karen S said...

This looks like good fun.
Love the jewellery you chose.