Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Memory Lane

Anyone who knows me knows that I don't see my mum very often as she has been traveling around Australia for the last 11 years. So today was pretty special as I got to spend the whole day with her today. I had her all to myself and we spent the day in Redcliffe. This is where I grew up and spent my childhood. Where my mum and dad grew up and spent most of their lives. Where my cousins, aunt and uncles and grandparents live and lived. Many memories were brought back today. 
It was so lovely visiting all the places that haven't changed (much) as well as see all the new things that Redcliffe has now and makes it such a wonderful place to live and visit. 
Bee Gee Way is new (for me) as is that amazing, constantly moving, piece of art in the background. 
We shopped, walked and talked our way through a gorgeous, perfect day. 
We had a delicious lunch at the Rustic Olive (thanks for telling me about this place Michelle!), sitting out the front with its amazing views. 
We shared 3 amazing entrées so lots of variety! 
Poor mum I couldn't stop taking photos of her all day. 
We then spent a very relaxing time getting our hair done at mums favourite hairdresser. Very girly and lovely. 
We checked out what they've done to my Nana's house, Mums old house, places we used to live, and dropped in to see my niece. 
I had the best day and it was hard to say "goodbye" and drive away home, but she assures me they will be back in December!!! 
Before leaving Redcliffe I had one more stop. I wanted to see what's left of the old Hornibrook Highway bridge.
Just the gates now at both ends. I loved this bridge. 
Hard to top a day like this! 
Hope you've had a wonderful day too!
Teresa xx
  

9 comments:

shez said...

Hi Teresa thankyou for sharing your wonderful day and your mum is looking great,i am so pleased for you that you got to spend time with your mum.xx

Sandi said...

Great photos Cass, and love your hair...very stylish...xxx

Fiona said...

precious memories being made....
Hugz

Christine M said...

How lovely spending time with your Mum.

Noela said...

A wonderful day spent with your Mum. One to treasure Teresa. Hugs.....

Michelle Ridgway said...

So glad you enjoyed your lunch. I love Redcliffe too! Such a lovely place to catch up with your Mum and family xx

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

looks like a lovely day with you mum. I live near redcliffe and forget how lucky we are. thanks for reminding me .
Beautiful weather makes it even more enjoyable.

Karen said...

This looks like it was a very special day.

Pansy said...

What a wonderful day filled with memories until you see her again in Dec xx