Friday, October 31, 2014

Finishes this Month

I've been on a bit of a roll this month. Thank goodness as I have a lot to finish before Christmas.
First there was Dilby the psychedelic duck! 
Then I made some vintage inspired lace and button cards for my Vintage swap with Jenny. 
An 'M' monogram stitchery for my lovely friend Marina who was up visiting from Melbourne. 
A signature block for Jeanette's birthday. 
Jenny's lovely Christmas stitchery and table topper (which will be a Christmas gift this year, that is if I can part with it!)  
I got a little addicted to making teeny tiny zipper pouches. 
9 in total but I can see more in the future.... They are great for little gifts. Just the right size for your keys and some coins. 
Some little Halloween cards .....
 With a surprise inside. 
My miniature quilt from Sarah Fielke's new book. This is for the Little Quilt Swap. 
I also made my partner a teacup mugrug and a key fob. 
The key fobs were a lot of fun to make. 
They started growing too - another addiction! 
Some Santa mugrugs then developed. I needed a few little gifts to go with my Christmas swaps this year. 
Four mug rugs in total!
Then I started playing with my vintage laces, doilies, buttons and ribbons....
First I made one stocking.... They are about 17 " from top to toe and fully lined. 
Then I made another.....
Then I made another two. These ones have some rustic tin stars and hearts attached.. Notice they all have a little Eiffel Tower charm.... and some French vintage postcards that I've transferred to fabric.
These are for gifts this Christmas and I'd like to keep one.... but now I don't know which one to keep!.
I have also finally made my first Lucy Boston quilt block. I have been in love with this quilt for ages and I really hope this block is the first of many!!!
Phew!!!! So glad my sewing mojo has come back!
Christmas is getting closer and closer and hopefully I can keep up the sewing .... I have so much more to do!!
Hope you've had a great month and managed to cross some projects off your "To Do" lists too!!
Teresa xx

15 comments:

katrien said...

You maked a lot of lovely things.

Lisa V said...

I just love those Santa mats!

Noela said...

Wow Teresa, what a beautiful collection of gifts. You have been very busy. hugs.....

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Did you get any sleep this month?
What a wonderful array of beautiful goodies!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

You're not really human, you're a machine! What a gorgeous bundle of finishes...and those stockings are gorgeous. Beautiful LB block...I'm going to make one soon. I think. ;-)

Christine M said...

WOW Teresa. You have been working hard. Everything is gorgeous. I love those little pouches. The vintage stockings are wonderful.

Sandi said...

Holy Cow Cass, it was you all along that stole my mojo...you have finished so many pretty things...I am soooo tempted to make some of those stockings.....xxx well done

Idle hands, empty brain ... said...

Hi,
Love your Lucy Boston block, I'm still just an observer. Can't wait to start my POTC but I have a rule - must finish current UFO before beginning another, ha ha! Your productivity is amazing!

marina said...

wow what a creative month!!
love those santas and your stockings!! the laces and linen look so amazing. your mini looks beautiful and my block is so pretty. I must get the ideas happening for its' use.

Fiona said...

you made such a lovely assortment of wonderful goodies...
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love them all xx

Karen S said...

Look at how busy you have been!! What an amazing collection of projects.
Love all the Christmas goodies and I think the Lucy Boston block is gorgeous!

KAYLEE said...

Lots of wonderful hand made tings there Teresa. Vintage stockings - all great Teresa, keep the first one, it's my favourite....

KAYLEE said...

Lots of lovely handmade things there Teresa. Love the vintage stockings - keep the first one, it's my favourite.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

SO many pretties! And of course...there's my precious stocking that I adore. xx
I'm so blessed - thank you! :-)