Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Vintage Swap!

It all started with a comment on how lovely Jenny's fabric was that she used in her Christmas table topper......
We decided to make the swap of a piece of fabric into a Vintage Goodies swap... and boy was that a wonderful idea. I have been incredibly spoilt!!!!
Jenny has sent me the most amazing bundle of vintage gorgeousness! All wrapped up in the lovely said fabric. 
How beautiful is this framed embroidery? 
And another beautifully made gift for me is this covered notebook. So beautiful. 
The stitchery and appliqué is simply exquisite. I absolutely love it. 
Oh and look at this ..... Beautiful laces. The back laces are over 100 years old and the lace on the spool is 60 years old. I hope I can use them in something really beautiful and special. 
Inside there were old vintage snaps and buttons and a zip. Some gorgeous vintage prints on fabric (can't wait to play with those!) and a beautiful brooch back. AND a charm pack of lovely "Collection for a Cause" fabrics. 
Thank you so much Jenny! This was a fabulous swap and you have been very generous! 
I have been so spoilt. 

Hope you're having a lovely day!

Teresa xx

My parcel to Jenny! 



4 comments:

shez said...

Wow Teresa it was a wonderful swap,love all the goodies,what an awesome idea,enjoy your beautiful gifts.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Certainly a gorgeous parcel of vintage goodness. I am sure you will stitch something special with that beautiful lace x

Jenny of Elefantz said...

It was such fun, and you spoiled ME with my parcel of goodies, too! What a brilliant idea we had. :-)

Allie said...

You ladies certainly had a gorgeous swap - what fun!!!