Monday, September 15, 2014

Stitchers Dream Day Out

 
I had a lovely day out yesterday with a whole bunch of like minded ladies and great friends. We spent the day in Toowoomba at the Stitchers Dream Day Out. It was fabulous! Our room and pretty tables and goodie bags .... how good does it look

 Our guest designers for the day were Libby Richardson and Debbie McGee and I have made quite a few of their projects over the years, so I was really looking forward to this!
 Our goodie bags were full of 5 lovely projects and patterns, fabrics and other sewing gifts.
Our projects for the day.... Debbie's stitchery pillow (it has a flap that opens up and holds your needles and scissors) and a butterfly needlecase, also the  Sweet Memories Board... Libby's journal cover and fabric painted and appliqued teddy cushion.The fabrics are gorgeous.
Libby teaching us how to paint our teddy bear onto fabric... I loved this! Hmmm... I can see Noela, and Lynda and Marilyn too!!!
My progress so far.... One painted teddy, ready to cut out and applique...
And my teddy stitchery for the journal cover in gorgeous Cottage Garden thread "lavender:"
Lunch was a very healthy affair with chicken and salad wraps and fruit platters. It was great catching up with everyone!
Of course there were many, many gorgeous things to entice us to buy. I came home with a gorgeous bundle of Tilda fabrics and a beautiful glass trinket bowl.The sweet little Tilda peg is from Sandi as a lovely reminder of the wonderful day we all had together.
And I can never seem to resist anything with a bird on it these days!... I love this twine holder and birdy jar.
Well I had the best day.... because I had my lovely friends around me and we really enjoyed ourselves... And we weren't kicked out for laughing too much either!!! It was great to catch up with Fiona (Bubz Rugz) too who I haven't seen for ages.
Thank you girls for a wonderful day!
Oh yeah....you didn't really think I went all day eating just healthy stuff did you????
We had a lovely little stop at the Chocolate Shop at Highfields before going home, and I had this delicious coconut rough cheese cake. Perfect end to a perfect day!
Have a great week!
Teresa xx

12 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh what a lot of eye candy. hard to know what to look at first. What a wonderful day you all had. Lovely photo of you all.

Maria said...

What a fabulous day spent with sew many lovely ladies.. the room just looked sew gorgeous and lots of goodies in your bags.
OH one day I hope to go to such a wonderful sewing day.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a great post...looks like you had a perfect day...xx

Narelle said...

Looks like the perfect day and so wishing I could have been there too.
Thanks for sharing the loveliness :o)

Chookyblue...... said...

looks like a good day out......see quite a few familiar faces.........

Susan said...

Sounds like a great day - the hall looked wonderful!

Susan said...

Looks like a fabulous day out with friends. Lovely goodie bags and purchases. The birdy twine holder is so cute.

marina said...

can imagine what a wonderful time was had!
lots of lovely crafting and am loving those tilda fabrics.

Fiona said...

you get such great pictures and tell it so well... was wonderful to see you all.... hope N has got over her shock of this strange foreigner leaping at her to give her a hug....
Hugz

Noela said...

It was a lovely day Teresa. Great to catch up again. Have borrowed 2 photos, hope that is alright. Hugs.....

shez said...

Hi Teresa thankyou for sharing your fun day and good to see so many friends there,love all the things you purchased and cant wait to see your finished projects.xx

Karen said...

The whole day looks so wonderful!
Love seeing all the projects.