Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Antique Shopping

When my lovely friend, Leona, asked me if I wanted to go antique shopping, I jumped at the chance. One of my favourite things to do. Barbara and Gail came too... made the day even more special.
We went to Brisbane Antiques and we are never disappointed when we go there!
The very first thing we saw was this amazing travelers companion. I've seen these in old movies but never one up close. It was gorgeous. Made in the early 1920's and French. The brand name Cosmopolis was stamped on the leather straps and on all the wooden clothes hangers. Just loved it. 
So much to look at and search through. 
Afterwards we went out for lunch at our other favourite place - George's at Sanctuary Cove. The food is always delicious. 
Such a great day with my lovely friends Leona, Gail and Barbara. These are some of my goodies I came home with. Talk about spoilt! Delicious home grown and homemade basil pesto from Gail, homemade lime marmalade and magazines from Leona and my gorgeous pink vintage plate from the antique shop.  
Hope you're having a great day too 
Teresa xx 



3 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks like a great day .....so many treasures

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh my kinda day!!! Love that place. Thanks for sharing the treasures. Love your pretty plate.

Karen said...

Antique shopping -- far too dangerous!! Looks like a great day, though!