Sunday, September 28, 2014

A Quick Birthday Present

Today I wanted to make a birthday present for one of my friends at work. I decided on a mug rug as I got her a gorgeous mug and thought a mug rug would finish off the present nicely. A few days ago I found this free tutorial on pinterest for a tea cup block and I thought this would make a great rug. 
I've added some strips to the side, some "hot steam" quilting to the top and quilted the whole piece before binding it.
 
I'm very happy with how it turned out!

Have a great week!

5 comments:

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely mug rug. I am sure she will love it.

marina said...

very sweet mug rug and a nice touch to add to the gift.

Michelle Ridgway said...

A very pretty way to finish off a lovely gift x

shez said...

What a wonderful gift you made for your friend Teresa .xx

Noela said...

Lovely mug rug Teresa. Your friend will love it. hugs.....