Thursday, August 21, 2014

I just need some thread....

I missed my Tuesday with the stitching girls this week, so when Helen said she was doing a quick trip to the Quilters Store for some thread, I thought this was a great idea. I need some thread too!!! 
Well Sandi came as well and our quick day out turned into a pretty full day and I had so much fun!
We met the lovely Megan at the Quilters Store, who knew all of us from our blogs (and who made us feel very special!). 
This is such a great store and we got everything we needed (plus a bit more!) 
I've made a cushion with this beautiful fabric and I couldn't resist getting some more. 
After this we were all starving and we decided to try out a new restaurant near where we live. 
We were pretty impressed with the $10 lunches available and carried on a bit with photographing our food (not like us at all!). 
My two crazy friends!!! Sandi and Helen!!!  They made the day so much fun. Nothing like a good belly laugh, and there were plenty of those!!!
Sandi and I rewarded ourselves with dessert, but we couldn't talk Helen into it. This is what she missed .... white chocolate fudge brownie, with salted caramel sauce and macadamias. Delicious!!! 
We then dropped into another fabric shop before home, where another Tuesday girl, Tess, was working. And we created chaos there too!!! These gorgeous fabrics came home with me. But the best part was catching up with Tess. 
What a great day! I'm so full from lunch that I need a nap now! Thanks guys for a really fun, spontaneous day!!!! 
Oh! I did get my thread, by the way!!!
Hope you're having a lovely day too! 
Teresa xx

9 comments:

Sandi said...

Such a good day, I can still taste our dessert...

Susan said...

It always starts with needing one little thread! I have been to the Quilters Store and it is a fantastic shop, no wonder you had a good time. Dessert looks so yummy.

Chookyblue...... said...

are you sure you weren't laughing too much to remember the thread......poor girl in the shop.......did she call security????

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Any excuse will do......LOL....another perfect day for the Tuesday Girls.....that thread is so yummy....

Jeanette said...

Glad you got your thread after all that Teresa. :) lol. Lovely day out for you 3 & lovely goodies. Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

haha... sounds terrific fun...
Hugz

Susan said...

A quick trip to the Quilters Store ??? that was never going to happen with you lot!!
Love that fabric from Sew Delight love the threads too - cant beat variegated threads

Karen said...

A lovely day. Gorgeous fabric and threads.

Cattinka said...

It looks like you had a fun day!
KATRIN W.