Sunday, August 31, 2014

Holiday Stitching

I have a week off work and I am making the most of my time! I have a list of things to do like you wouldn't believe!!!Unfortunately though, Ive found new things to add to that list and it seems to be growing, instead of shrinking!!!
I have started Wendy's Christmas stitch along... "Lets Start Christmas SAL" (you can see all about it HERE)
I've finished the first block and it was so much fun... Can't wait for the next one!
I have also finished Natalie Birds :"Sunshiny Day Bag". I love this pattern! Love the stitchery! Very happy with the way it turned out. I have changed the position of the handles as it wasn't sitting quite right so far apart. This also made them a bit longer and easier to put over my shoulder.
I also added a pocket inside and a key ring holder. I'm thrilled to bits with the fabrics as I love wearing black, white and red. This is going to go with so many things!
This is the back. I bought the fabrics when I was on my last retreat at Warwick and actually completed the stitchery on retreat as well. It's a great feeling putting it all together and having a finish.
My "Gossip in the Garden" quilt is coming along nicely. This months blocks include two blocks of hexies. I've finished them and just have to cut them to shape now (I don't really want to cut into them!!!)
And two little applique blocks....
 
As you may know, my eldest son went to New Zealand last January for a 4 week holiday. He fell in love with the place and has been holidaying and working there ever since. (Sad mum here!!!) Anyway.... He's going to get a visit next week and get a little dose of home to cure his home sickness!
My youngest is going over to stay with him for a week and spend some time with him. I would give anything to see these two at the airport when he gets off the plane!!! So jealous and wish I could be going over there too for that week.... but so happy and thrilled for the pair of them.
We had a bit of stress up until yesterday as Jack's passport hadn't arrived and we only had one (yes one!!!) day left before he goes! Nothing like leaving everything to the last minute!!! So pleased to see him pick his passport up!
Okay.... that's it for me at the moment...
I have some serious crossing off of my "To Do" list....
And some time with my boy before he leaves...
Have a great day!
Teresa xx



8 comments:

marina said...

your bag is gorgeous!
Of course I love those hexies all together and your new blocks. Be brave when you have to trim them..
great action pic lol
hope you get to fly over there too.
good luck with your to do list!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely finishes....so exciting for your boy....

Susan said...

It's good to see so much productivity! The bag looks great and yes - nits a bit of a shame to get all those hexies done & then chop into them...
Shame you can't stow away in the suitcase (as if a young guy would be taking a suit case- but u get my drift!)

Karen said...

Gorgeous SAL block. And your bag is wonderful. Lovely work on your other blocks, too. You have been busy.
Looks like you had better book a trip to NZ very soon!
Enjoy your week off!

Chookyblue...... said...

busy busy.........maybe you could hide in the suitcase???

Noela said...

Love all your finishes. I am going to use similar colours for mine too but have started one as a gift in softer colours. Hugs...

shez said...

Hi Teresa boy you sure have been busy ,i love your bag the colours are beautiful and its so nice for your boys to be spending time together,boy that sure was cutting it close with the passport,enjoy your day my friend.xx

Maria said...

Lovely projects, Teresa;the bag is gorgeous!